Homestead Radio Hour, July 2010: Independence from the Food MachineJuly 8, 2010 by Boorinakis
Homestead Radio Hour, Thursday July, 8th, 2010
with hosts Phyllis & Julia Boorinakis-Harper
On the July edition of the Homestead Radio Hour, learn how you can achieve Independence From The Food Machine! This episode features local farmers, consumers, and chefs, as well as local food advocate and Placer County Real Food Cookbook author Joanne Neft. We’ll talk about the benefits of eating fresh, local, in-season foods and give tips on how to do it without breaking the bank. Celebrate the national treasure of small farmers and CSAs, as well your own backyard, and claim your rights to freedom of the fork!
- Homestead Radio Hour on KVMR
- Learn how you can create a fresh, local, and rewarding lifestyle right in your own backyard.
- The B H Ranch Blog
- musings on local produce, family farming, sustainability, and other goings on about the ranch
- The Placer County Real Food Cookbook
- Recipes, photographs, resources and more from Joanne Neft and Laura Kenny
- Nevada County Grown
- Locally Produced Food and Products
- The Foothill Farmer's Market Association
- Local Farmer's Markets from Roseville to Tahoe and everywhere in between...